Friday 14 February 2014

Park Orchards Farmers Market

I went down to the farmers market this morning. I bought a purple crepe myrtle that I am going to turn into a bonsai. We have a serious lack of flowering bonsai. The ones we do have are difficult to get to flower, I think it might have something to do with them being in small pots and/or fertilising at the wrong time. This one already had flowers on it, so one would assume that it is relatively easy to get a potted crepe myrtle to flower.

The market had a great atmosphere - I think it is really good for the community to have a market like this. I met some friends I haven’t seen in ages. It allows local people to set up businesses without any serious outlay of money. It also helps our community to actually feel like a community - something we have lost in recent years.

The Park Orchards Farmers Market is on every the third Saturday every month.

7KZ9NFFCJ6CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

hizzer