Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Little Bit About Me

I started writing a blog post telling you a bit about me. I got carried away and it ended up way to long. Here is the short version. Below are links to other posts that will show you in greater detail about me and the blog.

I’m Chris Fryer. I am a 36-year-old and have an identical twin named Nick (he’s the one that started this blog before I hijacked it). We both suffer from a genetic disorder called Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.

We have a great affinity for technology. If it wasn’t for many technologies such, as antibiotics and ventilators, my brother and I would not be here.

I am a very direct person and have been known to accidentally make people cry. I believe that, absolutely everything is funny and I try to make jokes continuously.

We both have a very low tolerance for bullshit and are violently opposed to: homoeopathy, ignorance, climate change denial, the anti-vaccine lobby, religious nuts, violence, rudeness, censorship (especially when it comes to computer games), the humourless, idiot politicians, inability to think critically, magical thinking and of course homoeopathy.

The original purpose of this blog was to tell people about the Maker Movement. This movement is essentially a bunch of nerds that build robots…and stuff. There are several recent developments that have created a flourishing DIY environment. These are: The Internet, Arduino microcontrollers, 3-D printing, cheap computers and open source.

Don’t let the above paragraph fool you this isn’t just another gadget blog. I write about anything that comes into my mind from politics to religion and more.

Read on!

The Maker Movement

More coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hizzer