Sunday 8 June 2014

GM Bullshit – Dick Shit More Like…

I was watching Landline yesterday and there was an interview with Paul Copemen one of the guys behind the recent anti-GM lawsuit. Mr Copemen is general manager of NCO, the agency responsible for anti-GM certification in Australia.

Steve Marsh is suing former childhood friend Michael Baxter after harvested seed heads from Baxter's genetically modified canola crop blew onto Marsh's farm in the state of Western Australia, court documents said, contaminating land used for his organic oat and wheat crops.
Sounds reasonable enough, but just have a look at that last sentence again, “contaminating land used for his organic oat and wheat crops.” When I heard about this lawsuit I assumed that both farmers were growing canola. Don’t these people understand that very different species are unable to breed together? This is a bit like that time our religious instruction “teacher” said evolution was impossible because a horse could not mate with a giraffe.

Apparently, this is called “zero tolerance.” During the court case a witness claimed that a sheep would be contaminated if it came in contact with a genetically modified product. Any logical person would agree with me that this is taking zero tolerance to a ridiculous place. For example I got shit on my dick once (I shit myself really bad) -using that definition of zero tolerance - this makes me a homosexual. Or I am in an incestuous relationship with my mother because 36 years ago my penis was inside her.

Yes I am being disgustingly funny here, but this illuminates an important point - there are a lot of objects in this world and sometimes these objects touch each other even when they shouldn’t. I’m afraid that’s life and life is messy sometimes - deal with it.

Throwing logic and science out the window and wasting everybody’s time with pointless court battles is not doing the anti-GM lobby any favours. It just makes them look like a bunch of crazy people. People have the capacity to be so intelligent, but why do some also have to be so stupid, illogical and petty? So very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hizzer