Tuesday 18 March 2014

FML

The reason why I haven’t been feeding my blog lately is because I have been a bit sick. The other reason is that I am working on a website for a new business I am starting.

I decided to use WordPress and alter a theme enough for look like an original customised website. WordPress is an open source content management system originally designed to create blogs. Lately it has become a fully-fledged content management system. It has a large and active community behind it and for these reasons I selected it.

The issue was, many of the themes were needlessly overcomplicated and were designed to work in the maximum number of circumstances. I also hadn’t realised how much WordPress has evolved over the years since I last used it. Altering a theme turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. I have also forgot a great deal about making websites - it’s not like a bike apparently.

So I started creating my own theme inspired by my blog. It is a very simple theme - it is a series of translucent boxes. Then I found another problem it is surprisingly difficult to get translucent web page elements to behave properly. Although the solution was rather simple. It is actually now possible to make translucent colours on webpages. I will be writing another article about what I have learnt.

I shall return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hizzer